Meera’s maid retracts statement on assault charges

Aneela.Riazuddin August 18, 2026 Lifestyle
Meera's maid backsout on assault charges

A new twist has emerged in the alleged assault case involving actress Meera after CCTV footage surfaced and her domestic worker, Yasmeen, gave two conflicting video statements and retracted her allegations of physical abuse.

The incident reportedly took place in Lahore’s Defence phase five area. CCTV footage that emerged after the allegations appears to show an argument between Meera and her maid, followed by an apparent physical altercation near the gate of the house.

In one video statement, Yasmeen accused Meera of physically assaulting her and claimed that the actress had struck her and banged her head against a wall. She also appealed to the authorities and law enforcement agencies to take notice of the matter and provide her with justice.

However, shortly after reports of the alleged assault surfaced, another video statement by Yasmeen was recorded at a police station in which she denied being subjected to any violence by Meera.

In the second statement, Yasmeen said that Meera, whom she referred to as “Baji,” cared for her and treated her well and loved her. She further said that she was still working at Meera’s house and remained with the actress.

Yasmeen also claimed in her second statement that the earlier video related to the alleged assault had been created using artificial intelligence.

The sharp contradiction between the maid’s two statements has made the case more complicated. Her latest statement differs significantly from her earlier account in which she had accused Meera of assaulting her during a dispute over routine matters and had sought action from the authorities.

Following the maid’s first statement, CCTV footage purportedly linked to the incident also surfaced. In the footage, Meera appears to be involved in a confrontation with the maid and is allegedly seen pushing and slapping her. More videos related to the incident later circulated on social media, prompting calls from users and various quarters for an investigation.

The case has now taken another turn following the maid’s second statement, in which she categorically denied that any assault had taken place and maintained that she continues to work at Meera’s residence.

Meanwhile, police said they have not yet received any formal complaint from the maid against Meera. Officials said legal action would be taken in accordance with the law if a complaint is submitted.

For now, the contradictory statements, the CCTV footage and the absence of a formal police complaint remain the key elements of the case.

DIG Operations shares details

In the case involving an alleged dispute between actress Meera and her domestic worker in Lahore’s Defence area, a spokesperson for the DIG Operations has shared details of the police inquiry.

According to the spokesperson, the viral video dates back to June 2026, and police had conducted a complete inquiry into the incident.

The spokesperson said that both Meera and her domestic worker were summoned and formally questioned over the matter. During the inquiry, the domestic worker confirmed that the dispute had been resolved through mutual consent.

The maid also recorded a statement saying that she did not want to pursue any legal action against Meera. Her written agreement and video statement were subsequently made part of the official police record.

The DIG Operations spokesperson further said that Meera had also submitted an application against the domestic worker, accusing her of taking certain belongings from the house.

However, after the maid returned the items, Meera also withdrew her complaint.

According to police, the inquiry confirmed that the matter had been settled between both parties. The domestic worker clearly maintained that she did not wish to take any legal action against actress Meera.

Maid levels physical assault charges against Meera

About the Author

Aneela.Riazuddin

Over 25 years of experience in print, electronic, and digital media, she has worked with Dawn, Business Recorder, Online News Agency, The Tribune magazine, and Hum News. Her work spans from traditional journalism to modern digital platforms.