PML-N MPA Saqib Chadhar has issued a clarification statement, denying any contact with actress Momina Iqbal over the past eight months. He alleged that Momina Iqbal is ‘playing the women’s card’ and claimed that he possesses complete records to support his stance.
According to media reports, Saqib Chadhar further stated that Momina Iqbal’s fiancé threatened her after watching the video.
He said he has filed a complaint at the police station regarding these threats. He also added that it is now known that Momina Iqbal is going to get married. He claimed that Momina Iqbal’s mother called and apologised, and said that if any call was made, evidence should be presented.
It is worth mentioning here that Momina Iqbal’s sister, Rimsha Iqbal, who is following the case, stated that they do not want to give too much media attention to the matter.
She said they faced difficulties but also received support and security from the government. She added that Momina Iqbal’s in-laws were also provided security, as they too had received threats.
He further said that Momina Iqbal is getting married to Muhammad Hamza Habibi, and the wedding is scheduled for June 1. He stated that the marriage had been arranged with the consent of the family, and that Momina’s future husband is not related to them.
On the other hand, Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz has said that the recent matter involving a PML-N Member of the Provincial Assembly and a prominent media personality is a personal issue and will be handled strictly on merit and in accordance with the law.
In a statement posted on X, Maryam Nawaz said that no one involved in harassing, threatening, or exploiting a woman would be spared. She emphasised that no individual, regardless of status, position, or political affiliation, is above the law.
Read more: Those who harass, blackmail women will not be forgiven: Maryam Nawaz