Three FC employees were among 14 people martyred in a powerful explosion in Chaman Phatak in Quetta on Sunday.
The explosion also shook the area, causing panic and chaos among the victims, including women and children.
The rescue workers rushed to the scene and took the injured to the hospitals nearby, while the police cordoned the area off.
In a horrific vehicle-borne suicide attack, a train travelling near Quetta was attacked on 24 May 2026, leaving sections of the train derailed and several compartments on fire.
Security sources said the attack had been made by Fitna Al Hindustan (FAH) that had been recently facing heavy losses in security operations in Balochistan by the Pakistan Army and other security agencies.
The train was reportedly travelling with dozens of civilians, including women, children and elderly people near the railway track at the time of the blast, officials said.
The blast caused mass confusion and flames and smoke swept through sections of the train after the incident.
The authorities said the attack could have wreaked even more havoc had the explosion come a few moments later when additional compartments were passing the location.
Rapidly after the incident, rescue personnel rushed to the area as well as the police and security personnel who set up a cordon and then proceeded to carry out evacuation and clearance operations.
Passengers who were injured were taken to local medical facilities and search and rescue efforts have been ongoing.
The attack was met with strong condemnations by the officials, who described it as a coward’s attempt at targeting innocent civilians and instilling fear and violence in the area.