Despite undergoing legal proceedings over harassment allegations, TV actress Momina Iqbal is set to get married after Eid-ul-Azha, with her wedding date now revealed.
For the past few days, rumors about Momina Iqbal’s marriage had been circulating on social media, and now her sister, Rimsha Iqbal, has confirmed the news.
Recently, while speaking to the media about developments in the case, Rimsha Iqbal also shared details about the actress’s wedding.
She revealed that Momina Iqbal is getting married to Muhammad Hamza Habibi, and the Nikah ceremony will take place on June 1. According to Rimsha, the marriage has been arranged with the consent of both families, and Momina’s future husband is not related to them.
Rimsha Iqbal further said that she will personally fight Momina Iqbal’s case. She added that she completed her law degree abroad and also has legal experience in Pakistan.
Both sides submit evidence to FIA
In a developing controversy, actor Momina Iqbal and Punjab Assembly member Saqib Chaddar have presented their evidence before the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), officials confirmed.
Both appeared at the FIA office a day earlier. Authorities are now reviewing the material submitted by both sides.
Momina Iqbal’s stance
Through her lawyer, Momina Iqbal stated she had known Saqib Chaddar for several years. She claimed the lawmaker expressed a desire to marry her.
However, she said she later discovered he was already married and a father of four. She then decided to end the relationship.
The actor further stated she is now engaged and her nikah is expected soon. Following this, she alleged, Saqib Chaddar became angry and started issuing threats.
According to her claim, she was warned that harm could be caused to her, her fiancé, or even the lawmaker himself if she married someone else. She also alleged that threats came from his wife.
Momina Iqbal further accused the MPA of using political influence to implicate her fiancé in a “false case” in Chiniot. She said this forced her to approach authorities and seek protection.
Saqib Chaddar’s response
Saqib Chaddar’s lawyer presented a different version of events. He stated the two met in 2021 and soon developed a close friendship.
According to the defence, the actor frequently discussed her financial needs. The lawyer claimed that between 2021 and March 2025, around Rs8 million was transferred to her account, with records available.
The lawyer also claimed both travelled abroad together multiple times, with all expenses allegedly paid by the MPA. These included accommodation, food, shopping, and leisure activities.
It was further alleged that a Toyota Fortuner and a Honda vehicle used by the actor were financed by Saqib Chaddar, though registered in her name. Expenses for trips to Lahore, Islamabad, and Murree were also reportedly covered by him.
The lawyer additionally claimed that the actor kept an expensive watch and refused to return it when asked.
He maintained that Saqib Chaddar had serious intentions of marriage and even visited her home with a proposal. He added that the actor was divorced, but his client still wanted to continue the relationship.
The defence argued that the dispute surfaced only after years of financial support, as the actor is now set to marry someone else.
According to them, the matter is not emotional but financial, and revolves around alleged monetary loss.
Investigation underway
Both parties say all evidence has been submitted to the FIA. Officials are examining the claims and counterclaims.
The final outcome now depends on the investigation findings.
Momina Iqbal harassment case will be decided purely on merit: Hina Parvez Butt