The Prime Minister (PM) of Pakistan, Shehbaz Sharif, has strongly condemned the barbaric bomb attack in Quetta organised by the Indian pet Baloch Liberation Army (BLA).
In his post on X, formerly known as Twitter, Shehbaz Sharif said, “I strongly condemn the heinous bomb explosion near Chaman Phatak, Quetta, which has resulted in the tragic loss of innocent lives and left many others injured.”
I strongly condemn the heinous bomb explosion near Chaman Phatak, Quetta, which has resulted in the tragic loss of innocent lives and left many others injured.
— Shehbaz Sharif (@CMShehbaz) May 24, 2026
Such cowardly acts of terrorism cannot weaken the resolve of the people of Pakistan. We remain steadfast in our…
He stated that Such cowardly acts of terrorism cannot weaken the resolve of the people of Pakistan.
“We remain steadfast in our determination to eliminate terrorism in all its forms and manifestations”, said the Prime Minister of Pakistan.
PM Shehbaz expressed his heartfelt condolences to the families of the victims and prayed for the swift recovery of the injured.
He added in his post that the entire nation stands in solidarity with the people of Balochistan in this hour of grief.
Read more: Govt announces internships in Information Ministry for Bahria University students
Bomb blast in Quetta
In a horrific vehicle-borne suicide attack, a train travelling near Quetta was attacked on 24 May 2026, leaving sections of the train derailed and several compartments on fire.
Three Frontier Corps (FC) employees, among 14 people, were martyred in a powerful explosion in Chaman Phatak in Quetta on Sunday.
The explosion also shook the area, causing panic and chaos among the victims, including women and children.
The rescue workers rushed to the scene and took the injured to the hospitals nearby, while the police cordoned off the area.
Security sources said the attack had been made by Fitna Al Hindustan (FAH), which had been recently facing heavy losses in security operations in Balochistan by the Pakistan Army and other security agencies.
The train was reportedly travelling with dozens of civilians, including women, children and elderly people, near the railway track at the time of the blast, officials said.
The blast caused mass confusion, and flames and smoke swept through sections of the train after the incident.
The authorities said the attack could have wreaked even more havoc had the explosion come a few moments later, when additional compartments were passing the location.
Rapidly after the incident, rescue personnel rushed to the area, as well as the police and security personnel, who set up a cordon and then proceeded to carry out evacuation and clearance operations.
Passengers who were injured were taken to local medical facilities, and search and rescue efforts have been ongoing.
Also read: Maryam Nawaz orders to ensure foolproof security amid Eid-ul-Azha